Saturday 8 August 2009

Design of the main character


The idea all came about for this story when I saw a character in my head. After some working I managed to get the character down to the way I wanted it. However, the whole point was that you could hardly see his identity. I am still in debate whether he should talk or not. Loving "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and the way the chief has such a presence even though even though he doesn't speak, I thought that this could all be done without the main character talking. The big issue is now that I am developing the story, the first scene is shot in the psychiatrist's office, and there is a dialogue.

Anyway, this is the design of the main character I did over a year ago, and was the motivation for my friends to encourage me to get on with it. I will post other designs and character studies as the project develops.

copyright © Rob Snow 2009. all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment